The EU seafood industry is a vital contributor to the European economy which has seen substantial growth over the years, today it generates almost 500 billion a year.
The industry strives to develop modern, efficient and sustainable seafood production and storage. One key challenge shared by the aquaculture industry and the fishing fleet relates to logistics. Most seafood consumers are located far away from where the marine products are bred or caught. Therefore seamless and efficient storage and logistics is crucial to a modern seafood industry when providing seafood to a global market.
The challenges faced by the fishing industry means that the industry requires storage solutions that provides quick access which can be easily adapted to constantly changing stock profiles, in this fast moving environment.
There are many people responsible for getting the fish to your plate and we are proudly playing our part in it.
Some of the challenges faced by our fish industry customers include:
- Fast moving and perishable goods require different storage methods
- Seasonal influences should be considered
- Chilled and frozen goods may need accommodating under one roof
- FIFO (First-In First-Out) stock management
- Product traceability and hygiene need to be considered
- Moving bulky items with varying weights