Mezzanine Systems - Nissan-Schenker Logistics, Sweden
When Schenker Logistics needed help with storage of Nissan Auto parts they turned to Constructor Group to supply their Shelving and Racking systems.
Schenker Logistics is a part of Deutsche Bahn Group, one of the biggest companies for logistics in the world. 3rd party logistics (3pl) is the fastest growing business area for Schenker.
Nissan realised the advantages of having an external partner for logistics and storage and now keep their total central store at Schenker Logistics in Gothenburg.
The warehouse is divided into 4 zones, where each zone stores spare parts of a certain type, based on size and frequency.
- Zone 1 is the high rise installation, equipped with P90 pallet racking, where bulky goods like doors, bumpers and windows are stored.
- Zones 2 and 3 are the mezzanine floor area, on the ground floor they store high frequency goods and the upper level they store low frequency articles.
- Zone 4 is fitted with the Hi280 shelving system, depth 1000 mm for long and small articles.
A thorough analysis of all the stored articles was conducted and consideration was given to all the influencing parameters, resulting in a construction of these four zones, each supplied with standard as well as special storage solutions.
The P90 pallet racking is built as a 3 upright racking with a depth of 1530 mm giving accessibility from both sides of the rack.
The mezzanine floor was fitted with Hi280 shelving and a large number of plastic bins to store more than 17,000 different articles.
- Zone1 - High rise pallet racking installation 8.5 m supplied with many unique solutions, inc. mesh shelves (sprinkler function) and various types of vertical dividers.
- Zones 2 and 3 consist of a 400 m² mezzanine floor with a 500 kg/m² carrying capacity. The lower part stores high pick frequency products and the upper low frequency articles.
- Zone 4 is fitted with an Hi280 shelving system to a depth of 1000 mm.
In total zones 2 to 4 consist of 6955 shelves, equal to 8972m of shelves with 3800 plastic bins for small part storage.